My 2022 Movies
Sat down tonight and attempted to collect all my movies watched this year. I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of. I'll update it as I think of them. There are a number I haven't seen yet but will eventually.
Everyone should watch these movies.
- Bros (2022) - A fantastic love story. I really loved it and seeing Billy Eichner act and not just run down the street screaming at people.
- Glass Onion (2022) - Watched it last night and absolutely loved it. It might be better than the first.
- The Woman King (2022) - Fantastic. I am a huge fan of Viola Davis.
- Weird: The Al Yankovich Story (2022) - Watched this in a crummy hotel with my brother and it will be a "core memory" for the rest of my life. But even aside from the means of how I watched it, it is a fantastic absurdist comedy.
If it sounds like your thing, consider my recommendation you watch it.
- Doctor Strange and Multiverse of Madness (2022) - I believe my description afterwards was "It was a very Sam Raimi movie.
- Everything, Everywhere, All at Once (2022) - I had no idea what it was going into it and I loved it.
- Spirited (2022) - Ryan Reynolds and Will Farrell are just so damn likeable.
- The Courier (2020) - Watched this with my wife and mother-in-law. It was fine. If you enjoy purposefully paced period pieces, this is for you.
- The Greatest Beer Run Ever (2022) - We didn't know what we were getting into with this one, and we didn't particularly care for what we got.
- The Lost City (2022) - A fun romp comedy, but not a lot of meat on the bone.
- White Christmas (1954) - I might have seen this when I was younger but I have no real memories of it. So we finally watched it this week and it is a charming story.
Your call on whether to watch it or not.
- Death on the Nile (2022) - I love Agatha Christie but found this movie completely underwhelming.
- The Adam Project (2022) - There's been worse and it almost crests into "Liked it" but I just never see myself rewatching it, which is the other threshold between Meh and Liking it.
- The Batman (2022) - I'm a sucker for Batman movies. Initially I put this in "Liked it" but as I was writing this, I remembered all the things I disliked about it.
- The Gray Man (2022) - Formulaic and easily predicted.
- Thor Love & Thunder (2022) - I wanted to love it, but the story just lost me and I couldn't bring myself to care.
- Top Gun Maverick (2022) - Vacuous Americanism. Like Chinese food, an hour after leaving the theater I found zero desire to discuss or think about the movie further.
You should probably pass.
- Falling for Christmas (2022) - Watched it with friends and booze. Don't do it unless you have both.
- Moonfall (2022) - It just wasn't good.
My other posts for 2022:
Did you know that you can sign up for the email newsletter of this blog? Get an email with the day's posts delivered to your inbox! Sign up here.