2020 += 1
For 2020, my driving goal was to create more. Overall I think I was successful, though I suppose I could always have done more, especially in light of moving to work from home during Covid. That said, here are the top-of-mind things I did for creating:
- In November I wrote my first (bad) novel. It's at roughly 70,000 words right now as I do an editing pass and make it consumable by other humans.
- I created this site and the Glowbug CMS behind it.
- I continued building and expanding my homebrew fantasy world of Ilsanya.
- I DMed roughly 40 sessions of D&D this year for friends and family and coworkers.
- I updated my MLS Pick'em website to deal with the Covid-affected season, something which was not trivial given how I had originally coded it.
For 2021 I am looking for two core driving goals:
- Create more - This year's creation list is good but I want to do more in 2021.
- Live intentionally - Much of the sources of my unhappiness and feeling of dissatisfaction, I have realized come from accepting the easy answers to problems put in front of me. Hungry? Fast food / junk food. Bored? Watch TV or refresh Reddit for the fourth time in ten minutes.
(Also, in writing this post I discovered a bug in Glowbug and I had to fix it prior to publishing this post, humorously.)
Did you know that you can sign up for the email newsletter of this blog? Get an email with the day's posts delivered to your inbox! Sign up here.