A few of this morning's random thoughts while getting ready and then driving to the office:
- I was wondering what would happen if a video streaming service opened their service up via API and let fans create apps. Obviously you would still need to lock it down in terms of authentication being tied to your subscribed account, etc. But so many of these apps are, well, bad - I'd love to put it in the hands of people who are passionate and not restrained by corporate structures, directives, and financing.
- I was thinking about getting back to writing fiction. I need to finish my first book (it's still bad in my opinion.)
- I had some thoughts about my current tabletop campaign, but I won't include them here for fear of tipping off my players (though, I'm unaware of any of them reading this blog.)
- I was thinking I need to add an archive which collects my posts which I give their own pages, so folks can see an archive of my "longer form" writing on this blog. Along with that, I want to move this to trickjarrett.com proper and archive my old wordpress blog. So that is a future project for sometime.
- During my drive I began thinking out loud about an entry about the building blocks of me and trying to break down how I became the person I am, emotionally, philosophically, politically, etc. We'll see when I will begin hammering it into reality.
Musk has officially crossed the Trump line for me. I just can't care. I don't care. Stop giving me news about him.
Anyone surprised by this has not been paying attention. ESPN+ has been rapidly expanding its offerings and it was without question they'd have to raise prices to cover it.
After the Covid years, and while my job is still hybrid (though I choose to predominately work in the office) - I remade my trusty daily work organizer. A 3-ring binder with single day-sheets. Each sheet is basically split in half, the top half of the page is what I had been always called an Eisenhower Matrix, but which others simply call a Priority Matrix. The bottom half is blank, reserved for additional notes from the day. I've tried various digital "Priority Matrix" tools, but I've never found happiness with them. I don't know what it is.
I tried using OneNote throughout Covid, when everything went virtual. It's good as far as a data archive and organizer goes, but it just never clicked with me for using it for my daily organization during a work day. So I might use it for taking full notes of a meeting, but in terms of capturing tasks and action items, etc. Nope, no good.
In addition to that, I've come to realize is that while yes, digital only notes are useful and in many cases faster, as a consumate data consumer and multitasker, if I am sitting with both hands on my keyboard and mouse then I am going to be multitasking. And, in some meetings, that is fine, but for others I need to force myself to focus. Minimize other windows, silence notifications, ignore email, etc.
Using my physical notebook helps me disengage from multitasking on the computer. Work stuff is shifting and that is what triggered me to remake the binder.
Decided I need some Daft Punk to finish out the workday, once this finished I put on "Random Access Memories." Good stuff.
📧 Daily Newsletter
Get an email with the day's links and posts delivered to your inbox! Sign up here.